Printfriendly

Loom Knit Ribbed Wristers & Beanie Pattern (free)

I love the lazy days of summer. It usually means that the hectic knitting season has come to an end and I'm able to take more days off. I don't completely stop looming in the summer, I'm just able to slow things down and appreciate each stitch when I am knitting. It's so nice to have time to throw a blanket on the lawn and enjoy the weather while working. My husband and I also like to take long drives, enjoy the sun and stop at the local produce stands. 

Today I picked up some beautiful grape tomatoes. The colors were so vibrant I couldn't resist them, lovely yellows, plums and reds. I'm adding the tomato picture to my color palette as I think their colors would make a beautiful vibrant scarf one day. If you read my color series then you know I get my color inspiration from nature and the pictures I take.

Today I have a couple of free patterns for you! This is a really cute and easy wear set. Best of all they are beginner friendly and an easy loom knit. I've loom knit them on the 3/8" peg spacing looms but both patterns would be easy to gauge for other looms. The touch of alpaca in this yarn gives a beautiful halo to these knits and I love the soft, muted colors which give this set a vintage feel. The look reminds me of my retro tube socks from the 80's. I loved those!

Enjoy the free loom knitting patterns below!

I love knitting magazines, picnics, produce stands and loom knitting outdoors!

Retro Beanie


Level:  Beginner
Gauge: 18 sts and 28 rows = 4"/10.2 cm square in stockinette.
Size: 3 sizes, Child, Teen/sm Adult, Adult.
Loom:  3/8" peg spacing round looms. 60 pegs (child), 72 pegs (teen/sm adult), 80 (adult). Samples were knit on the KB Round Hat looms. If you have an adjustable loom you can adjust stitch counts to fit the wearer.

Yarn: Yarn Bee Brushworks, 80% Acrylic & 20% Alpaca, Yarn Weight: 3 - Light, 3.5 ounces,  262 Yards.
  • A = Mocha
  • B = Red
  • C = Ivory


Supplies
  • Knitting tool
  • measuring tape
  • crochet hook
Pattern Notes
  • The bottom edge of the hat is designed to roll slightly.
  • Adjust measurements to suit the wearer.
  • Loom friendly pattern! This pattern works on any even peg loom. You will need to adjust yarn weight, measurements to suit the loom you've chosen. This is the responsibility of the Loomer if changing the loom.
Pattern

Foundation round:  Chain Cast on all pegs with 1 strand color C; join to work in the round.
Rnds 1-4 (in C):  Knit
Rnd 5 (in A):  Knit
Rnds 6-9 (in A): *K2, p2, rep from * to end of round.
Rnd 10 (B):  Knit
Rnds 11 and 12 (in B):  *K2, p2, rep from * to end of round.

Rnd 13 (A):  Knit
Rnds 14 and 15 (in A):  *K2, p2, rep from * to end of round.
Rnds 16-18:  As rnds 11-13.
Rnd 19:  Knit in A.
Rnd 20 (in A):  *K2, p2, rep from * to end of round.
Repeat rnd 20 until total work measures 3 1/4"/8.3 cm (child), 4"/10.2 cm (teen/sm adult), 4"/10.2 cm (adult).  You may adjust this measurement to suit the wearer.

Begin top of hat
Rnd 1 (in A):  Knit
Repeat rnd 1 until total knitting measures 7 1/2"-8"/19.1-20.3cm (child), 8 1/2"/21.6 cm (teen, sm adult, regular adult). Add an 1"/2.5 cm to this measurement if you would like a little slouch. Measurements may be adjusted to suit the wearer.  

Bind off:  Use the gather method. Weave in ends.


Retro Wristers


Loom:  3/8" peg spacing Adjustable round loom. Use 36 pegs (teen/sm adult), 38 pegs (adult), 40 pegs (x-lg adult). Peg numbers may be adjusted to suit, maintain even peg numbers.

*See above hat pattern for yarn information, level, gauge, and supplies.

Pattern Notes
  • Wristers have no thumb opening.
  • Wristers are sized for teens to adult.
  • Mitts are knit from the top down.
Pattern

Foundation round:  Chain Cast on all pegs with 1 strand color C; join to work in the round.
Rnds 1-4 (in C):  *K2, p2, rep from * to end of round.
Rnd 5-7 (in A):  Knit
Rnds 8-10 (in B):  Knit
Rnd 11-13 (in A):  Knit
Rnds 14-16 (in B):  Knit.
Rnd 17 (in A):  Knit
Repeat rnd 17 until total work measures 4 1/4"/10.8 cm.

Begin Ribbing
Rnd 1:  *K2, p2, rep from * to end of rnd.
Rep round 1 until total work measures 7 1/2"/19.1 cm. You may adjust this measurement to suit the wearer.
Bind off using the chain one bind off method. Weave in ends.

Willow is enjoying her playpen and has even gained a wild bunny friend!

A close-up of the halo this yarn produces, lovely and reasonably priced.


No comments

Powered by Blogger.