Use this loom knit heart as an accent to your knitted items. It would look great on a headband, hat, scarf or make a garland of them to hang up during the Valentines Day Season. Expand the pattern and make cute coasters out of cotton.
#loomknitheartpattern #freeloomknittingpatterns #loomknitheart #loomknittingpatterns #loomknit #heart #knitheart #valentinesdayknittingideas
|#Free Loom Knit Heart Pattern|
- Any yarn: 2 strands of 4 weight yarn or 1 strand of 5/6 weight yarn. Sample used 2 strands 100% Cotton.
- Any loom: To acheive sample size use 1/2" gauge loom.
- Knitting tool
- Yarn Needle
- Medium to small gauge loom for small heart, large gauge loom for larger heart
- Sample heart is approximately 3"
- Chain CO 3 pegs.
- Row 1: ewk
- Row 2: purl
- Rows 3-10: repeat rows 1 and 2 (4) times but e-wrap 1 empty peg at the beginning and end of ewk rows (increasing every other row). Those wrapped pegs become peg 1 of the next row.
- Move peg 6 to peg 7.
- *Now work in short rows over 5 pegs.
- Row 11: ewk
- Row 12: purl
- Row 13-14: repeat rows 11 and 12 (1) time.
- Row 15: Move peg 1 to peg 2 and peg 5 to peg 4, ewk all pegs.
- Row 16: purl
- Repeat above from * for 2nd side of heart.
- Bind off. Cut yarn.
- Using yarn cinch in center of heart, then weave in ends.
- Optional: Blanket stitch around edge of heart.
Thank you for reading. Happy looming!
copyright, 2015, thismomentisgood, Nicole F. Cox, all rights reserved. Please link to this blog only.