Printfriendly

SLOW COOKER ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP RECIPE

An Easy, Healthy and Delicious Version of this Soup!

Today the blog hit 100,000 page views in just under six months time, Woo Hoo!  To celebrate I'm making a pot of Italian Wedding Soup.  This is a really easy version of this soup.  I can make it in under thirty minutes. I do not pre-cook my meatballs.  I let them cook in the broth all day on a low setting.  This makes the broth even tastier and the meatballs super tender.  If you prefer a crusty coating on your meatballs just bake in a 350 degree oven for thirty minutes prior to adding to the broth.  A Note about placing raw chicken into cold broth;  the broth will get a grainy appearance, which can be unattractive.  Heat your broth to boiling before placing in crock pot and this will lesson the graininess. You can add dill or parsley to the broth as seasoning for the soup.  I got the idea for dill from an episode of The Barefoot Contessa/Ina Garten.  Now I alternate my spices depending on my mood.  I don't put sausage in my meatballs to keep them a little healthier but you can if you wish.  I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
#slowcooker #italianweddingsouprecipe #souprecipes #healthy



SLOW COOKER ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP 
Easy, Healthy & Delicious

Make Meatballs...In a Medium Mixing Bowl add these ingredients:


  • 1 lb of ground chicken or turkey  (or half this and add 1/2 pound sausage)
  • 1/2 tsp Italian seasonings
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 tsp garlic salt
  • 1/4 tsp onion powder
  • 1 clove minced garlic
  • 1/4 tsp Pepper
  • 1 large egg
  • Panko bread crumbs (add enough to hold meat together)

Mix above together then roll into small meatballs (under 1/2 inch).  Place into slow cooker.  Meatballs do not shrink so make them the size you'd like them to be when fully cooked.

Add Vegetables and Broth...


  • 1/2 bag of baby spinach (save other half of bag and add to soup later)
  • 3 diced carrots
  • 2 large stalks of celery
  • 1/4 cup fresh dill or parsley
  • 1/4 cup white wine
  • Chicken broth-low sodium or home-made (enough to fill up crock pot)
  • 2 Chicken Bouillon Cubes (low sodium, if you wish)
  • Freshly ground pepper to taste
  • Sea salt to taste
Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.

Twenty minutes before serving turn slow cooker to high, and add...


  • 3/4 cup small pasta
  • Baby spinach (remainder of bag)

Serve with a crusty bread! Enjoy!


THANK YOU FOR READING!

2014, copyright, thismomentisgood.blogspot.com, Nicole F. Cox, all rights reserved.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.