FREE LOOM KNITTING PATTERN!
#loomknitheadband #pattern #loomknitdogcollar #freeloomknittingpatterns #loomknitting #loomknit #loomknitst.patricksdayheadband #loomknitsaintpatricksdayheadband #st.patricksdayheadband #st.patricksdaydogcollar
|Front of Loom Knit St. Patrick's Day Headband|
The front of the headband has the belt and buckle and the back has the Shamrock/3-leaf clover attached. You can find the pattern for that here: Shamrock-3 Leaf Clover. This can be adapted to any loom. For a headband use a loom that would make a tight hat on your head (1 size smaller). I use the green KK for my head and it makes a perfect adult ladies size headband. Go smaller for a child. The green KK loom also fits the neck of my German Shepherd. She is a normal 60-70 lb. female. For a larger or smaller dog just use a loom that fits over their head and it should fit. For small dog,s lesson the rows evenly throughout pattern. If using a small gauge loom, I recommend using more pegs for the gold belt as it will end up smaller.
|Back of Loom Knit Saint Patrick's Day Headband|
|My Dog in the Loom Knit St. Patrick's Day Headband. Doesn't she look adorable? I could tell she felt special!|
|Both sides of the headband look great on the dog! She's ready for her Facebook Pic!|
Loom Knit St. Patrick's Day Headband/ Doggie Collar
Finished Measurements: 4"h x 18.5"w (if using green loom). 36 peg large gauge loom makes a ladies size headband.
- Any loom size-refer to above; sample was knit with the green KK loom
- Knitting tool
- yarn needle
- MC: Green Yarn (any); bulky weight, 1 strand; 4 weight, 2 strands.
- CC1: Black Yarn (any); bulky weight, 1 strand; 4 weight, 2 strands.
- CC2: Gold Yarn (any); bulky weight, 1 strand; 4 weight, 2 strands.
- crochet hook
- Chain cast on all pegs with MC; join to work in the round.
- Row 1: ewk
- Row 2: purl
- Rows 3-4: repeat rows 1 and 2 (1) time.
- Row 5: ewk
- Cut MC
- Find middle of your loom, minus 2 pegs and cast on with CC2 (place slip knot with color on that peg).
- Do the same as last step with CC1 on peg 21 (if using green KK; if using another loom place black slip knot on peg next to where CC2 is, staying on the side where your buckle will not be. Twist your 2 colors together once.
- Row 6: ewk31 with CC1, ewk5 with CC2.
- Rows 7-8 Repeat row 6 (2) times...working back and forth with each color, twisting colors together when they meet. On a large gauge loom it is helpful to pull yarn tight so you do not end up with gaps.
- Row 9: ewk 31 with CC1, ewk2 with CC2, ewk1 with CC1, ewk2 with CC2.
- Row 10: repeat row 9.
- Rows 11-13: repeat row 6 (3) times.
- Rows 14-18: repeat rows 5-1 (in that order) using MC.
- Bind off using x-stretchy bind-off method. Video Here: x-stretchy bind-off video
- If you would like, make the Shamrock/3 leaf clover: Video Here: Shamrock Video
Hope you enjoyed this post. Thank you for reading!
2015, thismomentisgood.blogspot.com, Nicole F. Cox, all rights reserved.