Printfriendly

Loom Knit Ombre Ruffle Cowl, Free Pattern!

Hello everyone! I hope you are enjoying the start of summer. I sure am as I spent the day loom knitting a baby blanket outside in the sunshine yesterday before the heat wave begins. This is my favorite season.

I'm happy to announce that we have a new cowl pattern available for the loom knitting community. It's being hosted exclusively by the Knitting Board on their blog. This cowl is drapey and super feminine and best of all, easy to loom knit! Please check it out and take some time to look around KB's site as they have so many quality looms and patterns for our community.





2 comments

Anonymous said...

Hello Nicole, I'm getting started on the Ombre Ruffle Cowl and I understand it's worked as a flat piece but I'm confused a bit...
INSTRUCTIONS

Foundation row: Chain CO 50 pegs with 1 strand; work as flat panel.

Row 1: *U-k1, skip1 wyib, rep from * to last 2 sts, u-k2.

Repeat row 1 until the entire skein is used, minus enough yarn to bind off and gather scarf, approximately 3 yds/2.7 m.

So when I'm at the end of Row 1, do I turn at the last peg and knit 2 stitches as that row ended or do I stitch back with k1, skip1 wyib and then end with k2 again?

Thanks in advance for any help to clarify

Nicole F. Cox said...

Hello Anonymous,
Question: So when I'm at the end of Row 1, do I turn at the last peg and knit 2 stitches as that row ended or do I stitch back with k1, skip1 wyib and then end with k2 again? NO, YOU DON'T DO THE FIRST THING YOU SUGGESTED. YOU DO THE ROW EXACTLY AS WRITTEN WHICH WOULD BE *U-k1, skip1 wyib, rep from * to last 2 sts, u-k2.

Beginners have a tendency to add instructions to a pattern that are not there. Always do a pattern exactly as written. If it says repeat row 1 then you will repeat row 1 exactly as written. Don't be tempted to change it. If the pattern designer wants you to k2, etc. then the row would be written different and exact instructions would be given. It wouldn't suggest a repeat.

I hope this helps answer your question!-Nicole

Powered by Blogger.