Printfriendly

How To Make A Birthday Calendar!

Remember those special days with this fun birthday board!



Birthday board tutorial, wood birthday calendar, balloons, celebrating birthdays, birthday calendar,




Birthday board tutorial, wood birthday calendar, balloons, celebrating birthdays, birthday calendar,


How To Make A Birthday Board Calendar

With Guest Crafter, Amber Cox-Pretti

This board will help you remember birthdays for all your loved ones!

Hello! As an adult and new mom with a hectic schedule and many loved ones in my life, I was finding it really challenging to keep up with all the birthdays I wanted to remember. So often, I would look at the calendar and realize I had missed a very special persons birthday and feel terrible. Creating this “Birthday Board” has helped me organize birthdays in a visual way and helped me celebrate those I love!

Materials


  • Round hanging hooks (with screws at the end)
  • Blank Wood Sign (20 inches long where the hooks go – about 22 inches total)
  • Flat wooden discs (1 ¾ inch in diameter for the length board above)
  • Small rings (Must be able to open and close, ½ inch diameter)
  • Acrylic paint
  • Black sharpie
  • Pencil
  • Drill

Birthday board tutorial, wood birthday calendar, balloons, celebrating birthdays, birthday calendar,


1.  The first thing I did was create the base sign. I painted a blank wooden sign white and, after penciling first, painted “birthdays” in large letters. You can also use stencils if you aren’t comfortable free-handing it! 

2. I evenly spaced 12 hooks in the bottom of the board, screwing them in to create round hooks to eventually hang wooden discs from. 

3. After that, I painted the abbreviated month name above each hook in small letters.

Birthday board tutorial, wood birthday calendar, balloons, celebrating birthdays, birthday calendar,

4. As an optional touch, I made a bow from ribbon and hot glued it to the top of the board. I felt like it added some extra pizzazz! 

5. Once the main board was done, I had my husband drill small holes on the bottom of the wooden discs because the ones I purchased only had holes at the top. I am not great with the drill, so he was able to do a much neater job for me!

Birthday board tutorial, wood birthday calendar, balloons, celebrating birthdays, birthday calendar,


6. After that, I mixed different colors using acrylic paint (I aimed for pastels) and painted the discs on both sides. After they had time to dry, I used a black sharpie to write each person’s birthday number and name. For example, I am born on May 8th, so my disc had an “8” and “Amber” on it. Using small gold rings, I linked each month’s discs together, attaching the first one to the hook under the month name!

Tip: Make some extra painted discs so that you are ready to go as you add family members!

7. After that, all that is left to do is hang your board in a place you will look at it often! I recommend making sure you glance at it at the beginning of every month so you can decide how you will celebrate each birthday that month!

Birthday board tutorial, wood birthday calendar, balloons, celebrating birthdays, birthday calendar,

Thank you Amber for sharing this wonderful project with us. What a great idea!



No comments

Powered by Blogger.