It's November and the holidays are quickly approaching. This means busy days and lots of entertaining! With that in mind, I decided to make a fun and easy free loom knitting pattern for the dinner table. This version is what I like to refer to as "farmhouse chic", a little rustic and full of home-made goodness. Loom knit this hot pad in 2 colors as shown or in one color. It's an easy pattern that you can adapt to any holiday or every day decor!
|#loomknitting #loomknithotpad #loomknittrivet #i-cordknitting #loomknitkitchenpatterns #freeloomknittingpatterns #loomknittingpatterns #thismomentisgood|
Loom Knit Trivet/Hot Pad Pattern
Measurements: 7 1/4" x 5 1/2". Larger and smaller trivets can be made by shortening or lengthening i-cords.
- Yarn: Lion Brand,Wool Ease Thick and Quick; any colors.
- Loom: 3/4" peg spacing loom, large gauge (knifty knitter style).
- Knitting tool
- Yarn needle
- Cast on 3 pegs.
- Row 1: Knit peg 1, knit peg 3, knit peg 2.
- Repeat row 1 until i-cord measures desired length.
- Bind off; leaving tail long enough for sewing trivet together.
- For 2 color i-cord; knit 3 separate i-cords. (1) measuring 32", this will be your outside color, (2) measuring 14", these should be in 2 separate colors.
- For single color i-cord knit (1) single i-cord measuring 60 inches.
- Wind i-cord as shown in the photos above, sewing as you go along. Take needle through center of i-cord hiding it within knitting. This will leave no seam making the hot pad reversible.
Thank you for reading and Happy Loom Knitting-Nicole