Loom knit this cheerful kitchen set! 3 free patterns below; Loom Knit Cotton Placemat, Cable Mug Cozy and Coaster. During the cold winter season, I always like to think of ways to bring spring to my home early. When I think of spring and summer, cotton always comes to mind...Loom knit the patterns below in 100% cotton, in any color of your choice and bring a little cheer and warmth to your home or a friends!
#loomknitplacemat #pattern #freeloomknittingpatterns #loomknitmugcozy #loomknitcoaster #loomknitmugcoaster #loomknitkitchenset #loomknitting #patterns #free #loomknitgifts #kitchen #thismomentisgood
Pocket Placemat, Mug Cozy & Coaster
Add cheerful style to your kitchen with this quick loom knit kitchen set. You can easily change up the color to match your décor!
Level: Intermediate (knowledge of cables needed). This pattern can be made beginner by eliminating the cables.
- Medium Gauge Loom with 28+ Pegs (Purple KK Loom used in sample)
- Knitting tool
- Crochet hook
- Tapestry/yarn needle & 2 buttons
- Measuring tape
- Buttons (2)
- Yarn (MC): 100% Cotton, Home Cotton Grande, (4); Color: Pastel Blue
- Yarn (CC): 100% Cotton, Sugar ‘n Cream, (4); Color: Candy Sprinkles
Placemat Pattern: 12 ¼” x 17 ¾”
- Chain cast on 28 pegs with 2 strands MC.
- Rows 1 & 3: *k1, p1, repeat from *.
- Rows 2 & 4: *p1, k1, repeat from *.
- Row 5: k1, p1, k1, p1, ewk19, p1, k1, p1, k1.
- Row 6: p1, k1, p1, k1, ewk19, k1, p1, k1, p1.
- Repeat rows 5 and 6 until knitting measures 17 ¼”.
- Next row: *k1, p1, repeat from *.
- Next row: *p1, k1, repeat from *.
- Repeat last 2 rows.
- Bind off.
Utensil Pocket & Mug Cozy: Main instructions are for Utensil pocket, instructions for mug cozy will be in parenthesis when they differ.
- Chain cast on 10 pegs.
- Rows 1-4: *k1, p1, repeat from *.
- Rows 5-7: k1, p1, k6, k1, p1.
- Row 8: k1, p1, 6-st RC, k1, p1.
- Rows 9-20: Repeat rows 5-8 three times. (Repeat rows 5-8 until knitting measures circumference of mug as measured from front of handle to back of handle, minus 1 inch.
- Rows 21-24 (next 4 rows): Repeat rows 1-4.
- Bind off; leave tail for sewing onto left bottom corner of placemat. (leave 6” tail for making loops.
- Mug Cozy Assembly: Using tail ends make 2 loops on opposite corners, making sure to measure carefully for tight fit. Sew 2 buttons on alternate corners.
- Placemat Assembly: Align edges and sew utensil pocket onto left bottom side of placemat; Use same color yarn.
Coaster (5 ½” x 5 ½”)
- Chain cast on 12 pegs with 2 strands CC.
- Row 1: *k1, p1, repeat from *.
- Rows 2-27: Repeat row 1. You can add/subtract rows to keep your coaster square.
- Chain one bind off.
If you need loom knitting instruction please go to my YouTube Channel Here: Loom Knitting Tutorials
Please support me and subscribe to my channel so I can keep bringing you free patterns and tutorials!
I hope you enjoyed this post...Happy looming everyone!
2015, copyright, thismomentisgood, Nicole F. Cox, all rights reserved.