Loom Knit a beautiful garter stitch cotton scarf using only knits and purls! This scarf works on any loom using pima or other soft cotton or a cotton blend!
#loomknitscarf #freeloomknittingpatterns #loomknitgarterstitchscarf #garterstitch #cottonscarf #ladies #women #loomknit #loom #loomknitting #winter #scarf
I saw this scarf and fell in love with its' simplicity. I can almost feel the cozy cotton when I look at it. Read below to see how you can "Get the Look" of this natural everyday scarf on the loom.
- Any loom medium gauge or larger
- Knitting tool/pick
- Crochet hook
- Measuring tape
- Yarn Ideas: Pima Cotton or Pima Cotton blend such as Comfy, knit picks. Color: Ivory, worsted weight (use 2 strands as one for a chunkier look) Or Juniper Moon Neve 100% Cotton, Color: Sandbox. Cascade also makes a 100% pima cotton yarn: Color: Natural
Instructions For how to make this type of scarf...
First decide how wide you would like your scarf; Measure out this distance from peg 1 on your loom til the measurement is reached then add 5 pegs. This will allow for normal shrinkage and skipping a peg at the beginning of your row. The above scarf is extra wide but you can make it any width you want. Loom knit about 2 inches and check for proper width.
- Foundation row: Chain Cast on all pegs with 2 strands yarn used as one.
- Row 1: skip 1, knit all.
- Row 2: skip 1, purl all.
- Repeat rows 1 and 2 until desired length is reached. A good rule of thumb is to make your scarf as long as the recipient is tall.
- Chain one bind off.
- Weave in all ends.
- Enjoy wearing your lovely new cotton, garter stitch scarf!
I hope you are enjoying this new series of blog posts...I feel that loom knitters are seriously lacking in patterns and hope to bring many more ideas on how you can get similar knit looks on the loom. I can't possibly keep up with all the ideas running through my head, let alone knit all the samples. Let me know what you think!
Thank you for Reading... Happy Loom Knitting!