Happy Memorial Day to All...I hope everyone has an amazing kick-off to summer!It's been a fun month of preparing for Memorial Day and barbeques. I've also enjoyed getting back into the garden and getting my hands into the soil. There's nothing more satisfying then a day of hard work out in the fresh air. I've also introduced a few new loom knitting patterns on the Etsy Store; a swimsuit cover-up pattern, 2 bag holder patterns, (7) wash cloth patterns and a market bag. All were designed as summer knits, made out of 100 % cotton.
This has been a busy month on the blog...
#loomknitpatrioticmugcozy #mugcozy #loomknitmugcozypattern #freeloomknittingpatterns
Now let's have some fun...If your email starts with angelinamaria, you have won a free pattern from our Etsy Loom Knitting Store. Just contact me at the email address at the top of this page and let me know which pattern you would like and it will be emailed to you! Patterns must be valued at $5.99 or less. Just follow the link on the right of this post to the Etsy store. Remember you only have 30 days to claim your free pattern.
Below is a new Free Pattern for a Patriotic Loom Knit Mug Cozy. It was inspired by the upcoming Memorial Day Holiday. I've seen these all over Pinterest and wanted to make one myself for a long time. I LOVE my coffee in the morning and like it piping hot. These cozies are a perfect, cute addition to my coffee addiction. I hope you find this pattern useful...I think it would make a great hostess gift. Just fill the mug with a gourmet coffee/tea or candies.
- Yarn: 100% Cotton (4-ply); Colors: Red, White, and Off White
- Any medium/large gauge loom with atleast 11 pegs (blue knifty knitter was used)
- Knitting Tool
- Crochet Hook
- 2 Buttons
- Optional: Pins for blocking
- Measure around mug, leaving out handle area. Write measurement down.
- Chain cast on 11 pegs with 2 strands off white. Use more or less pegs if your mug is larger/smaller. Peg #'s determine height of cozy. This pattern fits a large mug measuring 4 1/2" inches in height.
- Rows 1, 3, 5: knit
- Rows 2, 4, 6: purl
- Change to red. Cut off white.
- Repeat rows 1-6.
- Change to blue. Cut red.
- Repeat rows 1-6.
- Keep repeating above until knitting measures above measurement or a little less (less if your mug narrows dramatically at the bottom).
- Chain one bind off.
- Weave in all ends.
- Now make a loop with yarn at the bottom of mug cozy, knot and secure. Do the same with top of mug cozy. Note: if your mug narrows at the bottom then make the bottom loop smaller than top loop. Your cozy will lie better on the mug.
- Block Cozy, if desired. Sample was blocked by wetting and pinning to an ironing board.
- Sew buttons on opposite side of mug cozy. Placing buttons where the loops will have to stretch to reach over buttons so mug cozy remains secure on mug when in use.
Enjoy Your New Mug Cozy and As Always, Thank You For Reading!
2014, copyright, www.thismomentisgood.blogspot.com, Nicole F. Cox, All Rights Reserved. You are welcome to link to this blog post but DO NOT copy and paste content.