Printfriendly

LOOM KNIT CHRISTMAS WREATH

Use this wreath as a napkin ring and send it home with your guests as a gift...


This morning when I woke up I started thinking about ways to make my holiday table special and got an idea for a loom knit napkin ring that could also double as an ornament.  The picture above is what I came up with.  I'm very pleased that It worked out on the first try and it was a pretty easy knit.  I think the hardest part was putting the wire on the wreath and not stabbing myself repeatedly with it!  I hope you like this pattern and it works well for you!
#loomknitting #loomknitwreath #loomknitchristmasornament #loomknitnapkinring #freeloomknittingpatterns

SUPPLIES:

Knifty Knitter Loom (red) 31 pegs
Knitting Tool
Crochet Hook
Red Super Bulky Yarn (6)
White Super Bulky Yarn (6)
Green Floral Wire
Needle/Floss for sewing on button
Button

DIRECTIONS:

-Chain cast on all 31 pegs with red yarn.
-Row 1: Knit
-Row 2: Purl
-Row 3: Knit
-Row 5-6: e-wrap knit
-Row 7: Purl
-Row 8: Knit
-Gathered Cast off: Gather until you form center circle of wreath.
-Wire around entire top of wreath, 1/4 inch in, hiding wire under knitting.
-Ruffle top of wreath slightly by bending and shaping wire.


Make Belt for Wreath:

-Chain Cast on 16 pegs with white.
-Row 1: Knit
-Row 2: Purl
-Row 3: Knit
-Row 4: Purl
-Chain one bind off
-Tie on Wreath securing it through the center, hiding seem in the back.

Make Bow:

-Chain cast on with red 23 pegs.
-Pull off loom and knot ends
-Shape into a bow.
-Sew on Belt.
-Sew on Button or other embellishment in center of bow.


ENJOY YOUR NEW WREATH & THANK YOU FOR READING!

copyright, 2013, Nicole F. Cox, thismomentisgood.blogspot.com, all rights reserved.

Disclaimer:  I have made every effort to ensure that these instructions are accurate and complete.  I cannot, however, be reponsible for human error, typographical mistakes, or variations in individual work.  I am not a professional pattern writer.  Although these patterns have been tested by me, they are still considered test patterns because they have not been done by a large group of knitters. They are being shared free for this reason.  Please knit these patterns at your own risk.


No comments

Powered by Blogger.